Work with us
Bandicoot Publishing Pty Ltd, publishes Art Almanac, Australia’s longest-running monthly art guide, Artist Profile, a leading national visual arts magazine, and art books and catalogues. Located in the creative hub of Square One Studios in Alexandria NSW, we are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as our Distribution Co-ordinator.
|Organisation / Entity:||Bandicoot Publishing Pty Ltd|
|Job location:||Alexandra NSW 2015|
|Job status:||Part-time (3-days/week), ongoing contract|
|Job review period:||August 2022|
|Number of positions:||1|
|Report to:||Managing Director, Bandicoot Publishing Pty Ltd|
|Approved by:||Managing Director, Bandicoot Publishing Pty Ltd|
Overview of Bandicoot Publishing Pty Ltd
In 2021 Bandicoot Publishing Pty Ltd was rebranded from Artist Profile Pty Ltd, which was established in 2018. We publish the magazines Art Almanac and Artist Profile and recently visual arts books and catalogues.
Art Almanac, established in 1974, is Australia’s longest-running monthly art guide and the single print and digital destination for exhibition previews, listings, art services and artist opportunities across the states and territories. In addition, online, we share news and rolling coverage of what’s on. Art Almanac’s print distribution is throughout Australia.
Since its inception in 2007, Artist Profile has been a leading quarterly journal in both print and digital form that takes readers into the studios where artistic work is created, and the critical discussions where its reception is shaped. Artist Profile commissions original work from writers, artists, scholars, and other creators to stimulate debate about what it means to live and work as a visual artist today. Artist Profile’s print distribution is throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Bandicoot Books was established in 2021 to publish specialist visual arts books and catalogues for professionals and students.
Overview of the Position
This is a revised position within an inclusive and collaborative team of ten people at Bandicoot Publishing. The purpose of the position is to be responsible for the distribution of the magazines, books/catalogues, subscription sales and marketing strategies, aiding in the delivery of monthly and quarterly magazines nationally, in New Zealand and more broadly internationally in print and online.
1. Co-ordinate all print and digital distribution of magazines and books/catalogues for our national and international outlets, particularly production and distribution schedules.
2. Ensure successful administration of all print and digital subscriptions.
3. Assist in the development and delivery of marketing and brand campaigns.
4. Establish and maintain great relationships with clients. You will regularly be required to visit galleries/museums, attend exhibition openings, and participate in art fairs or similar events.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Thorough knowledge of the arts industry including an understanding of the needs of gallerists, artists, and the community.
2. Understanding of print and digital distribution ecology, marketing opportunities and techniques with the ability to research and develop strategies based on industry trends and developments to grow sales.
3. Excellent project management skills; balancing the needs of different clients, prioritising workload, delivering to deadlines, and managing budgets.
4. Proven experience in engaging with a diverse range of people.
5. Work in accordance with the principles of equity, access, and fairness. Respect WHS work practices and procedures; work with due care and consideration to safeguard your own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
6. Demonstrated commitment to the principles and application of Equal Employment Opportunities, Anti-discrimination legislation and Occupational Health and Safety legislation in the workplace.
7. Have a C Class driver’s licence.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Love the arts. Experience in visual art or fine art/art history, or a solid understanding of and professional experience working in the arts industry is essential.
2. Have high-level communication and organisational skills with an aptitude for creative and innovative thinking to deliver the best results for the company as well as our clients.
3. Thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and multi-task.
4. Have experience with or willingness to learn the following programs: Google Ad Manager, Filemaker Pro, and Xero; and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Terms and Conditions of Contract
This is a part-time (3 days/week), ongoing contract. Appointment will be conditional on an initial two-month probationary period; thereafter, termination by either party will require written notice of one month.
Please email your CV, cover letter responding to the key selection criteria and contact details or two referees to email@example.com before COB Monday 22 August 2022.